Come experience the treasures of Jordan on this exciting tour of the ancient cities of Jerash, Amman and Petra. Beautiful desert landscapes and fascinating historical sites await you. With an overnight stay in a Bedouin campsite, full guiding and full transportation to and from Tel Aviv, this is easily the best value tour to Jordan!
- See beautiful landscapes
- Experience authentic Bedouin hospitality
- Taste traditional local food
- Visit one of the Seven Wonders of the World
- Explore the ancient city of Jerash
- Day 1
- - 06:00 – Collection from Tel Aviv (Abraham Hostel) and transfer to Jordan River Border Crossing.
- - 08:45 - Pick up from Beit She'an (Ha-Atsma'ut Square) - (Upon Request Only)
- - 09:00 – Cross border.
- - 10:30 – Drive to Jerash
- - 11:30 – Visit to Jerash.
- - 13:00 – Drive to Amman.
- - 16:00 – Driving tour of Amman. Visit to Citadel if time allows.
- - 17:30 – Drive to Petra
- - 20:00 – Arrive in Petra for dinner at Bedouin campsite
- Day 2
- - 07:00 – Breakfast
- - 08:00 – Explore Petra
- - 14:00 – Lunch in Restaurant near Petra
- - 15:00 – Transport to Allenby Bridge Crossing.
- - 18:30 – Border Crossing into Israel
- - 20:00 – Transport from border.
- - 21:30 – Arrival in Tel Aviv.
- *All times are approximate
Better than one-day Petra tours!
- No Pre-Arranged Visa Required!*
- Leaves from Tel Aviv rather than Eilat, saving you money, long rides on public transport and a mandatory night in Eilat.
- Includes an experienced guide who will accompany you, along with your driver, during your entire trip in Jordan.
- Includes the incredible cities of Jerash and Amman, rather than only seeing Petra.
- Authentic meals and overnight stay with local Bedouins.
- A full day (5.5 hours) in Petra, rather than being rushed through in three hours.
From Tel Aviv, we will drive up the Israeli side of the Jordan Valley and cross the northern border at the Sheikh Hussein Bridge. Passing by beautiful landscapes of northern Jordan, we will arrive at the ancient city of Jerash, an incredibly well-preserved Roman city of colonnaded streets, mosaics, baths, temples, and a marvelous hippodrome – a true blend of Eastern and Western architectural traditions.
Our next destination is the capital city of Amman. We will see both the modern city, now the economic and cultural center of Jordan, as well as the old Citadel, which includes the Temple of Hercules and various historic palaces. We’ll sit down for lunch in a local restaurant, and taste some sweet kanafeh for desert. After exploring the modern and ancient parts of the city, we will continue south toward the desert, and arrive at the Bedouin camp, where we’ll spend the night. The Bedouins, nomadic dwellers of the desert, have lived in the region for thousands of years, and will share their delicious meals and comfortable tents with us.
On the second day we will tour Petra. One of the seven wonders of the world, and Jordan’s most treasured attraction, Petra is an unforgettable place. It was carved into the red rocks of the soaring cliffs in the early 1st century as the tomb of a Nabataean king, and was hidden under sand for centuries before recently becoming accessible again.
We will enter through the Siq, a narrow gorge, and tour the Treasury and Amphitheater with our guide who will explain the sites and history as you marvel at the beauty of each structure. Then you will have free time to continue individually as you wish: climb to the Royal Tombs, walk down the Roman Cardo, hike up to the Monastery, and explore the different sites. We will meet up for lunch in Wadi Musa before returning back to Tel Aviv via the Allenby border crossing.
This fully-guided tour, including full transportation and comprehensive information, can be further enhanced by using our travel app for smartphones and tablets. The app provides you with maps, information and pictures, can be downloaded for free on our site before you embark on the trip so it will not require an internet connection. You can also explore the sites on your own, without the guide, if you prefer to do so.
Note: If you are traveling by yourself, you will most likely need to share a room with a person of the same gender, depending on the size of the group. You can reserve a room by yourself, for a single supplement of 80 ILS, just let us know when booking. There is also hotel option for those who wish, which must also be mentioned on the booking form.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.
Is your requested date unavailable? Check out our tour departing from Jerusalem!