An exciting two day tour, enabling you to experience the treasures of Jordan - the ancient cities of Jerash, Amman and Petra. With an overnight stay in a Bedouin campsite and full transportation to and from Jerusalem, this is easily the best value tour to Jordan!
- See beautiful landscapes
- Experience authentic Bedouin hospitality
- Taste traditional local food
- Visit one of the Seven Wonders of the World
- Explore the ancient city of Jerash
- Day 1
- - 06:00 – Depart from Jerusalem (Abraham Hostel) and transfer to Sheikh Hussein Crossing.
- (Travel to the border via Tel Aviv)
- - 08:45 - Pick up from Beit She'an (Ha-Atsma'ut Square) - (Upon Request Only)
- - 09:00 – Cross border.
- - 10:30 – Drive to Jerash
- - 11:30 – Visit to Jerash.
- - 13:00 – Drive to Amman.
- - 16:00 – Driving tour of Amman. Visit to Citadel if time allows.
- - 17:30 – Drive to Petra
- - 20:00 – Arrive in Petra for dinner at Bedouin campsite
- Day 2
- - 07:00 – Breakfast
- - 08:00 – Explore Petra
- - 14:00 – Lunch in Restaurant near Petra
- - 15:00 – Transport to Allenby Bridge Crossing.
- - 18:30 – Border Crossing into Israel
- - 20:00 – Transport from border.
- - 21:00 – Arrival in Jerusalem.
- *All times are approximate
Better than one-day Petra tours!
- No Pre-Arranged Visa Required!
- Leaves from Jerusalem rather than Eilat, saving you money, long rides on public transport and a mandatory night in Eilat.
- Includes an experienced guide who will accompany you, along with your driver, during your entire trip in Jordan.
- Includes the incredible cities of Jerash and Amman, rather than only seeing Petra.
- Authentic meals and overnight stay with local Bedouins.
- A full day (5.5 hours) in Petra, rather than being rushed through in three hours.
Leaving Jerusalem in the morning, we drive up the Israeli side of the Jordan Valley, with its stunning scenery, and cross over the border at the Sheikh Hussein bridge in the north. We continue to view the 900-year old castle of Ajloun, which held off Crusader attacks and was ‘rediscovered’ along with Petra. Passing by incredible views of northern Jordan, we arrive at the ancient city of Jerash, an incredibly preserved Roman city with colonnaded streets, mosaics, baths, theaters, temples, and hippodrome – an awesome blend of Eastern and Western architectural traditions.
Our next stop is the capital city of Amman. We will see both the modern downtown of the city, now the economic, political and cultural center of Jordan, as well as visit the old Citadel above the city, which includes the Temple of Hercules and historic palaces, as well as views of the modern city. We’ll have lunch in a local restaurant, and try out some sweet kanafeh for desert. After exploring the modern and ancient parts of the city, we continue south to the desert, and stay in a Bedouin camp for the night. The Bedouins, nomadic inhabitants of the desert, have lived in the region for thousands of years, and share their tasty meals and comfortable tents with us.
The second day is devoted to Petra. Petra, one of the seven wonders of the world, and poetically described as “a rose-red city half the age of time”, is an incredible experience for any traveler. Carved into the red rocks of the desert cliffs thousands of years ago by the ancient Nabatean people, Petra was hidden under sand for centuries before recently becoming accessible again.
We will tour through the Visitor Centre, Siq, Treasury and Amphitheater with our guide who will explain the sites and history along the way. After this there will be free time to continue individually according to your interest and stamina: climb to the Royal Tombs; walk the Roman Cardo; hike up to the Monastery, and explore the various other sites. We meet for a late lunch in Wadi Musa before heading back to Jerusalem via the Allenby border crossing.
This is a fully-guided tour in Jordan, with full transportation to all sites and an extensive informational travel app for smartphones and tablets to give you additional information about each of the sites we stop at. The app, with maps, information and pictures, can be downloaded before you set out, and doesn’t require an internet connection. You can download the Abraham Tours app for free on our site. You can also explore the sites, without the guide, on your own if you prefer to do so.
Note: If you are traveling alone, you may need to share a room with someone of the same gender, depending on the size of the group. If you would prefer to reserve a room by yourself, there is a single supplement of 80 ILS. Just let us know when booking. There is also an option of staying in a nearby hotel for those who wish, also mention this on the booking form. The hotel is a 4 star Hotel.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.
Is your requested date unavailable? Check out our tour departing from Tel Aviv!