Journey through the spellbinding Sinai Desert and feel its divine presence as you pilgrimage to Mount Sinai, where the prophet Moses received the 10 Commandments directly from God
- Travel through the Sinai Desert on route to visiting Mount Sinai and Saint Catherine's Monastery. Stop in the resort beach town of Nuweiba for snorking or swimming in the Red Sea.
- Understand the history of all three major monotheistic religions on Mount Sinai.
- Experience the world famous Red Sea coral reefs from the beach resort town of Nuweiba
- Stand at the foot of Mount Sinai, where the Prophet Moses received the 10 commandments from God
- 06:30 Pickup from the hotel in Eilat and transport to Taba border
- 07:30 Cross Taba border with assistance and meet guide. Drive directly to St. Catherine's Monastery at Mount Sinai.
- 09:30 Visit St. Catherine's Monastery & Garden, including the skull room.
- 13:00 Lunch at a hotel restaurant and short break for souvenir shopping
- 17:00 Drive back toward the Taba border and stop off in the beach resort town of Nuweiba, along the Red Sea for free time.
- 19:00 Arrive at the Taba border and return into Israel with assistance. Transport back to primary destination in Eilat.
- 19:30 Tour Ends
- Important Information about this tour
- The tour leaves from Eilat at 6:30am and returns around 7pm
- There is a minimum of 2 participants per booking
After a beautiful drive along the Sinai coast from Eilat into the heart of the desert, spend the morning following in the footsteps of the prophets Moses and Muhammad, as you explore the stunning grounds of St. Catherine’s Monastery.
Visit the magnificent library, home to the second largest collection of manuscripts, and learn why the oldest monastery in the Orthodox Church is one of the most important destinations for Pilgrims around the world.
We end the tour with swimming or snorkelling in Nuweiba, before returning to Eilat in the evening.
Please note that our tours to Egypt are run by an external operator.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.