Our new and exciting Nablus and Jenin tour will help you explore the Samaritan and Palestinian culture, lifestyle and history as you are guided through the exciting region often overlooked by most travelers
- Visit the Samaritan village on Mount Gerizim
- Explore the Old City of Nablus including the Hamam, Soap Factory and Spice Shop
- Taste delicious local kanafeh in a traditional kanafeh shop in Nablus
- Learn about the complex Palestinian refugee problem at the Jenin refugee Camp
- Enter the tomb of Joseph, a holy site of three religions
- Walk through the bustling Jenin markets
- 07:30 - Pickup from Abraham Hostel - Davidka Square
- 07:45 - (Upon Request Only) - Pickup from Carta Parking Lot (Jaffa Gate)
- 09:00 - Arrive at Mount Gerizim
- 09:40 - Visit the Church of Jacob's Well
- 10:00 - Tel Balata
- 10:20 - Tour of the Old City of Nablus
- 12:00 - Joseph's Tomb (subject to site being open for tourists)
- 13:10 - Lunch (45 ILS)
- 14:30 - Walk around in Jenin Refugee Camp
- 15:00 - Free time in the Market in Jenin
- 15:40 - Depart from Jenin & head back to Jerusalem.
- 17:45 - Arrive back at Abraham Hostel
- NB: All times are approximate and the ordering of sites on
- the tour is subject to change and alteration during the tour.
- -This tour will take you into some religious sites. In order to respect those who live there we ask that you dress modestly for this tour. Men should wear long trousers and avoid wearing shorts or tank tops, women should wear pants or skirts below the knees. Shirts or shawls which are see through or do not cover the shoulders and elbows fully are problematic and should be avoided as well.
- -This tour is not available for Israeli passport holders due to restrictions
Our Nablus and Jenin tour departs in the morning from Jerusalem. We’ll start off with the Samaritan village on Mt. Gerizim, overlooking Nablus. Near the Samaritan temple, you will hear about the long history of the Samaritan people dating back from the Roman era with over a million strong community, to the few hundred who remain today. We’ll continue to the village itself, meet a Samaritan priest, and visit the local museum.
From Mt. Gerizim, we will head to Jacob’s well, located within an Orthodox Christian monastery, and a place used for Christian baptisms for thousands of years. We’ll also stop for a brief look at nearby Tel Balata, an ancient city and UNESCO listed heritage site.
Moving on to Nablus, we will explore its ancient Old City, rich with history stretching from the Roman era through to the Crusader, Mamluk and Ottoman empires. You will taste the ‘kanafeh’ for which Nablus is world renowned, as well as visiting the spice shops, soap factory and the Turkish Hamam (bath) dating from the 13th century.
Our next stop on the way out of Nablus is the ancient holy site of Joseph’s Tomb, believed by Jews, Christians and Muslims to be the burial site of the biblical patriarch and son of Jacob.
A local restaurant in the small Palestinian village of Zababdeh will then host us for a delicious Arabic style lunch allowing you to enjoy a well earned meal.
After lunch, we will travel north to Jenin Refugee camp, a place offering a glimpse into the hardships and struggle of the less fortunate Palestinian people, Before departing you will have free time to walk through the bustling Jenin markets, a genuine local marketplace untouched by commercial tourism.
We head back to Jerusalem, and arrive at approximately 5.30pm.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.