Our Mount of Olives Tour runs five days a week, and is the best way to explore and discover the treasures that lie in this special area which is of legendary importance to Christians and Jews alike.
- Explore the Mount of Olives, visiting major churches, the Mosque of Ascension, and Mary's Tomb
- Visit the world's oldest Jewish Cemetary
- Enjoy the panoramic vistas across the valley to the Old City
- 13:50 - Tour begins from the Jaffa Gate
- 17:30 - Tour ends at the bottom of Mt. Of Olives, next to the Lions Gate
- Those who are interested, can get back to Jaffa Gate by foot along with the guide, or can share a taxi with fellow travellers (paid direct to the taxi by you)
- NB: All times are approximate
- *Modest dress is required for this tour
Our Mount of Olives Tour runs five days a week, and is the best way to explore and discover the treasures that lie in this special area which is of legendary importance to Christians and Jews alike. This Mount has overlooked the city of Jerusalem as it has been built, razed and conquered over thousands of years, and it has the stories, historical sites, and spiritual significance to match this unique position overlooking the old city.
In this fully guided tour, we’ll learn about the importance of the Mount of Olives. Chosen as a site of pilgrimage by the Jews to lament the destruction of the First Temple because of its stunning views of the Temple site and the Old City of Jerusalem, the Mount of Olives is home to the oldest Jewish burial ground in the World, which we’ll visit, with several tens of thousands of graves dating back to Canaanite era. For Christians, the Mount of Olives is hallowed as the location of the Gates of Heaven that will open on Judgement day, and the location of Jesus’ last week on Earth. You’ll visit many important ancient churches and the Mosque of Ascension, to piece together the history of this beautiful area before finishing the tour at Mary’s Tomb from where you can either take the short walk back to the Lion’s Gate of the Old City, or a bus to the Wailing Wall.
Our Mount of Olives Tour provides a fabulous afternoon of spectacular views, history, fresh air and olive trees! Running six times a week, it’s the best way to tour this special Mount.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.