Join us on the Masada, Ein Gedi, and Dead Sea Tour as we visit three sites full of natural beauty and history, allowing you to explore the ancient fortress of Masada, hike in the Ein Gedi nature reserve, and float in the mineral rich Dead Sea
- Take a cable car to the top of the Masada Fortress
- Explore the ruins at Masada and enjoy the spectacular view across the Dead Sea to the Moabite mountains in Jordan
- Hike through the beautiful Ein Gedi Nature Reserve and cool off beside a beautiful pool
- Float in the waters of the Dead Sea at the lowest place on Earth
- Immerse yourself in the therapeutic mud at the Dead Sea, sold around the world as health products
- Take in the breathtaking views of the Judean Desert through which we'll pass
- 07:15 - Pick up from Abraham Hostel Jerusalem - Davidka Square
- 07:30 - (Upon Request Only) - Pick up from Carta Parking Lot (near Jaffa Gate)
- 09:00 - Arrive at Masada. Cable-car up the mountain
- 11:00 - Hike through Ein Gedi Nature Reserve
- 13:00 - Relax at the Dead Sea
- 16:00 - Arrive back in Jerusalem
- NB: All times are approximate
- No drop off at Jaffa Gate
- * For operational reasons, drop-off is only possible in the same city you started from
- -This is a self-guided tour, meaning that it includes full transportation, but no actual guide.
- - Self guiding materials are available at Abraham Tours App - It's free to download for Apple and Android devices.
- -In the unlikely event of there being flooding at Ein Gedi, we will instead go to Qumran or a similar location
Leaving Jerusalem, we’ll travel south through the beautiful Judean Desert to the foot of the Masada fortress which stands beside the Dead Sea. You’ll take a cable car to the top of the fortress, enjoy the special views, and explore the archaeological ruins, before continuing to the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve, an oasis in the desert, for a short hike, and the unique opportunity to float in the waters of the Dead Sea, and immerse yourself in the famous mud.
Masada is one of Israel’s most important archaeological sites, and the site of one of the greatest tales of Jewish heroism. The excavated ruins are fascinating to explore, and the remarkable location high above the surrounding desert and Dead Sea, makes this a might impressive experience. You’ll ascend to the top of Masada via a cable car. After leaving Masada, we’ll travel the short distance to the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve. Surrounded by desert, this beautiful reserve offers a beautiful hike alongside the cool waters which flow from the spring. Stop and cool off beside one of the pools which can be found along the way, before returning to the entrance and heading to our final stop of the day. The lowest place on Earth, the Dead Sea is really a lake with water so salty that it allows you to float. Read your newspaper whilst floating in the water and immerse yourself in the therapeutic mud which is sold around the world as beauty products before returning to Jerusalem having enjoyed a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you’ll never forget.
Our Masada, Ein Gedi, and Dead Sea tour is unique and designed for the independent traveler. No other tour combines these three beautiful sites, and allows you to hike up to the top of the fortress, an important part of any visit! Leaving from Jerusalem four times a week, this is a remarkable tour.
For more information on the sites we’ll be passing, download our free travel app to your smartphone.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.