Join us for a Jerusalem Day Tour departing from Tel Aviv, the most convenient way to discover the rich and complex history of one of the oldest cities in the world, whilst exploring the contemporary heart of this extraordinary city.
- Walk through all four quarters of the Old City
- Visit the Western Wall, the holiest site for Jews and the last remnant of the Jewish Temple
- Discover the Temple Mount,venerated for thousands of years by Jews and Muslims
- View the Dome of the Rock & Al Aqsa Mosque, revered by Muslims as the site where Mohammed ascended to heaven
- Walk the same path as Jesus did to his crucifixion, by strolling along the Via Dolorosa
- Experience the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the site of Jesus’ crucifixion, burial and resurrection
- Explore the Mehane Yehuda Market – the contemporary
- 7:45 - Pickup from the Opera Tower
- 8:00 - Pickup from the Abraham Hostel Tel Aviv
- 9:00 - Arrival in Jerusalem, meet with the guide and start the tour
- 13:00 - Drive to Mahane Yehuda Market in the New City for lunch time
- 14:15 - Depart back to Tel Aviv
- 15:30 - Arrive back in Abraham Hostel Tel Aviv
- NB: All times are approximate
- No drop-off at the Opera Tower
Leaving from Tel Aviv, we’ll head to Jerusalem and enter the Jaffa Gate. We’ll walk through all four quarters of the Old City and discover what makes each unique, after which we’ll stroll along the remains of the Roman Cardo, the ancient heart of the city, before visiting the Hurva Synagogue and hearing the fascinating story behind this historic monument.
Ascending to a lookout point, you’ll get an inspiring view of some of the most important religious sites in the world, for all three monotheistic religions. Overlooking the Temple Mount, the Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa Mosque, we’ll delve into the rich and complex history of this inspiring city. You’ll catch a glimpse of the legendary Mount of Olives, home to the oldest Jewish cemetery in the world, before visiting the Western Wall, which stood here thousands of years ago. After venturing along the Via Dolorosa, we’ll visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, before having have a chance to explore the colourful and chaotic Old City Bazaar, whilst discovering some of the exotic treasures on offer.
After exploring the religious and historical parts of Jerusalem, you’ll have a unique experience of the contemporary heart of the city by exploring the Mahane Yehuda Market. Walking through this sprawling labyrinth, you’ll have a chance to take in the local aromas and flavours, to stimulate both curiosity, as well as appetite. Wandering through this lively market, you’ll find an assortment of bars, restaurants and stalls, to discover all sorts of hidden gems. This bustling marketplace is widely viewed by locals as a symbol of Jerusalem, as a place which represents them and gives them a unique identity within a larger Israeli social context, as whilst retaining its authentic character, it simultaneously incorporates the new aspects of this remarkable city.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.