Our Holy City Tour will take you on a journey through 5,000 years of Jerusalem's rich history, through times of war and peace, through different religions and rules.
- Visit sites holy to Jews, Muslims, and Christians such as the Western Wall, Dome of the Rock, Al Aqsa Mosque, and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Understand the rich tapestry of history that makes up Jerusalem
- Experience the intense and rich atmosphere of the Old City of Jerusalem
- Stand in the very places that Biblical stories and historic milestones took place
- Optional departure for tour- 10:20 - Pickup from Abraham Hostel-Davidka Square (Walk with hostel volunteers to Jaffa Gate)
- 10:50 - Tour begins from the Jaffa Gate
- 15:00 - Tour ends
- NB: All times are approximate
- -Modest dress is required for this tour (scarf/shawl for women. No shorts or bare shoulders)
- Please note that during Ramadan and various Muslim Holidays, entrance to the Temple Mount is restricted so the tour will visit an alternative viewpoint instead.
Starting from Jaffa Gate of the Old City, we’ll step back into time and walk through the different Quarters of the Old City. Taking in the indescribable energy that every corner presents, we’ll visit the sites most holy to all three religions. To Jews, King David’s Tomb and the Western (Wailing) Wall, the last remains of the Jewish Temple which stood here thousands of year ago. To Muslims, the site where the Prophet Mohammed ascended to heaven, the Dome of the Rock, as well as the beautiful Al Aqsa Mosque. And to Christians, the Via Dolorosa along which Christ walked with his own cross to his crucifixion, and the room of the last supper, as well as venturing inside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre! Biblical stories will be put into context as you stand in the place where they took place whilst learning about the 5 Pillars of Islam, the foundation of the Jewish nation and the discovery of the True Cross, to name a few.
This is an amazing way to experience the rich history of Jerusalem, a tour packed with amazing sites, stories and spectacles that will bring a new meaning to almost every page in Biblical history. Leave political opinions and preconceptions behind as you begin this truly inspiring and revealing tour of an extraordinary city.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.