This is a new, dynamic tour for travelers interested in different cultures, meeting locals, and archeology. It provides you the opportunity to visit an operating kibbutz, an Arab fishermen village, and the ancient city of Caesarea, all in one tour
- Tour one of Israel’s last remaining truly communal Kibbutzim.
- Explore the amazing Roman ruins at Caesarea National Park
- Look out over the Mediterranean horizon from the well-preserved Roman Marina
- Spend a night at the unique and homey Juha Guesthouse at the fisherman village of Jisr az-Zarqa
- Day 1 (Guided)
- 10:30 - Depart from Abraham Hostel Tel Aviv
- 11:30 - Meet with the local Kibbutz member guide, tour of the Kibbutz
- 13:15 - Lunch at the Kibbutz dining room
- 14:15 - Transport to Juha Guesthouse in Jisr az-Zarqa and check in
- 14:45 - Guided tour in the village
- 16:00 - Free time - while you can go to the beach or wander around the village
- 19:00 - Dinner at a local family home.
- 22:00 - Overnight at a Juha Guesthouse
- Day 2 (Self-Guided)
- 08:00 - Breakfast at the guesthouse
- 09:30 - Transport to Caesarea National Park
- 09:45 - Arrive at Caesarea, self-guided tour in the archaeological park
- 14:30 - Leave Caesarea and head back to Tel Aviv
- 15:30 - Arrive at Abraham Hostel Tel Aviv
- NB: All times are approximate
This is a new, dynamic tour for travelers interested in different cultures, meeting locals, and archeology. It provides you the opportunity to visit an operating kibbutz, an Arab fishermen village, and the ancient city of Caesarea, all in one tour.
On the first day you will visit Kibbutz Maagan Michael, where you will learn about the unique lifestyle of the collective community from a member of the Kibbutz, and you’ll enjoy a delicious meal at the communal dining hall. After lunch you will be transported to Jisr az-Zarqa, an Arab-Israeli fishermen village situated on a beautiful stretch of beach on the Mediterranean Sea. You will check-in at Juha Guesthouse, located in the heart of the village. Led by a local, you will be introduced to the village culture, meet friendly locals, and hike part of the famous Israel Trail. You will then have some free time to explore and enjoy the atmosphere of the authentic village life. You will end the day with filling dinner at a local family home before returning to the guesthouse.
On the second day, after breakfast at the guesthouse, we will make the short drive to Caesarea National Park. Here you will tour the ancient Roman city, which boasts impressive architectural remains that have stood for thousands of years, from the time of King Herod. Wandering through the park, you will see the ruins of castles, several temples, the hippodrome, the ancient port, and the city walls and towers. We will then return to Tel-Aviv.
The coastal plain region offers some of the most beautiful and less populated beaches. This is a perfect opportunity to enjoy the beautiful scenery, rich history, and various interesting cultures of northern Israel
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.