Best of the West Bank Tour from Tel Aviv
On our guided day tour of the West Bank we will take you to three of the highlights of the region – Bethlehem, Jericho and Ramallah. With thorough information provided by a local Palestinian guide, you will get some fascinating insight on the history and daily life of the people in this area. From major historical and religious sites to modern-day culture and the natural beauty of the Judean Desert, this is an experience you will not soon forget.
From Tel Aviv, we will head to Qasr-el-Yahud, the famous site of the baptism of Jesus located on the bank of the Jordan River. We will then head to Jericho, the oldest city in the world, and look upon the site where Jesus was tempted by the Devil at the Mount of Temptation.
Next, we will tour Ramallah, the modern & cultural capital of the West Bank. We will walk through the busy streets, getting a feel for life in this bustling, modern city, and visit the tomb of Arafat, before moving on to our last stop of the day – Bethlehem.
In the city of Jesus’ birth, we will visit sites, old and new, and discover the special town that Bethlehem is.
We will see the Church of Nativity, stroll through the Old City, and walk and talk alongside the separation barrier, which includes colourful contributions made by the famous graffiti artist, Banksy, before making our way back to Tel Aviv.
This is a chance to learn about various aspects of a very interesting region, get a taste of Israeli politics and history, while also exploring a number of special historical and sacred places.
For more information on the sites we’ll be passing, download our free travel app to your smartphone.
- Visit the city where Jesus was born, Bethlehem
- Explore the ancient city of Jericho
- Tour the vibrant, modern, city of Ramallah
- Enjoy panoramic views across the hills of the Judean Desert, and the green hills further north
- Experience a local Arabic style lunch
- Taste delicious 'Knaffe' dessert
- Day Tour
06:30 – Depart Tel Aviv – Abraham Hostel
– Arrive in West Bank and meet guide
– Qasr el-Yahud baptism site
– Tour of Jericho
– Tour of Ramallah
– Lunch (approximately)
– Tour of Bethlehem
– Approximate return to Tel Aviv
NB: All times are approximate and highly depend on traffic conditions. Please note that sites may vary depending on crowds and/or religious holidays.
* For operational reasons, drop-off is only possible in the same city you started from.
Good to Know
- Passports are required, and it is unlawful for Israeli passport holders to join. Please note that failure to send in or insert your correct passport details by 5:00PM the evening before your tour departs can incur extra costs or result in the cancellation of your booking with no possibility of a refund.
- Modest clothing: Due to modesty requirements when entering the holy sites on this tour, you will need to wear clothes covering knees and arms (men and women).
- Pickup points: Tel Aviv - Abraham Hostel
- Things to bring: Snacks & water, Hat, Camera, Sunscreen, Passport
INCLUDED IN YOUR STAY
- Transportation to all sites from Jerusalem
- Arabic style lunch
- Knaffe dessert
- Extra snacks
Do I need my passport on this tour and does it get stamped?
You do need your passport, and it does not get stamped because you are not crossing an international border.
Are meals & entrance fees included?
There are no entrance fees, and lunch is included later in the day. Bring snacks!