The West Bank is a fascinating part of the world, packing a huge amount of history, conflict, religion and culture into a small area of land. It takes a while to absorb and understand such a complex and intriguing place, which is why we’ve made this 3-day in-depth West Bank immersion package, to give you time to explore different corners of this engaging place
- Visit the city where Jesus was born, Bethlehem
- Taste the local Palestinian food and sweets
- Tour the vibrant, modern, city of Ramallah
- Visit a modern-day Palestinian refugee camp
- Hear different sides of the conflict narrative, by meeting both settlers and Palestinians
- Stay in the top-rated Abraham Hostel in Jerusalem!
- Tour 1: Best of the West Bank (Saturday or Tuesday depending on date chosen) - Guided
- Day Tour - Best of the West Bank Tour
- Overnight - Abraham Hostel Jerusalem
- Tour 2: Nablus & Jenin (Monday) - Guided
- Day Tour - Nablus & Jenin Tour
- Overnight - Abraham Hostel Jerusalem
- Tour 3: Dual-Narrative Hebron Tour (Sunday or Wednesday depending on date chosen) - Guided
- Day Tour - Hebron Dual Narrative Tour
- The order of the tours changes according to the day you start the package.
- If you start on Saturday, the order of the tours is as above.
- If you start on Sunday, you will do the Hebron tour, the Nablus, Jenin Tour and then the Best of the West Bank.
- If you start on Monday, you will do the Nablus, Jenin Tour, then the Best of the West Bank, and end up with the Hebron tour.
- Order of Tours changes depending on start date. See your confirmation for full itinerary
- Package can be booked without accommodation, as well as with additional accommodation before and after the package starts and finishes.
- *Itinerary is subject to change.
The West Bank is a fascinating part of the world, packing a huge amount of history, conflict, religion and culture into a small area of land. It takes a while to absorb and understand such a complex and intriguing place, which is why we’ve made this in-depth West Bank immersion package, to give you time to explore different corners of this engaging place.
The package is made up of three separate day tours, each starting and ending in Jerusalem. You can take them in any order you wish, depending on the days you choose, and the package includes accommodation in our top-rated hostel in Jerusalem, Abraham Hostel. The hostel is centrally located and fully equipped for independent travelers and families.
The first tour is a general introduction day called ‘The Best of the West Bank’, which covers a number of important cities and towns. We start in Qasr el-Yahud, the baptismal site of Jesus on the Jordan river and just metres from the Jordanian Border. We’ll move on to Jericho itself, and view the stunning Mount of Temptation, which is the ancient site where Jesus was tempted by the devil. Then we drive to Ramallah, the lively, vibrant West Bank city. The tour finishes in Bethlehem, where we will sum up the day with a guided tour of the city, and visit a few of the sites associated with Jesus, including the Church of the Nativity and the Milk Grotto. We’ll also visit the separation barrier, a prominent and controversial feature of the entire West Bank, and walk through the old city before returning to Jerusalem.
The second tour is the Nablus and Jenin Tour, going up to the north of the West Bank. On this tour, we’ll discover some hidden corners of the West Bank, allowing us to understand the complex situation even better. We’ll visit Jenin, a Palestinian refugee camp far in the North of the West Bank, see its cultural centre and tour around the camp and bustling markets. We’ll visit Jacobs Tomb, a site which is considered holy by Jews, Christians and Muslims, and then head into the old city of Nablus itself, an exciting old city, full of markets, minarets and tasty food. We’ll visit a hamam (old bathhouse), a traditional soap factory, as well as other sites in the city. We’ll visit the Samaritans who have been living around Mount Gerizim for millennia, as well as see a tahina factory, and taste their produce.
The third and last part of the package is a unique tour focused on one city – Hebron. The Dual-Narrative Hebron Tour is a great way to access one of the most special and most complicated cities in the world. Two tour guides – a Jewish settler and a Palestinian resident – show you their sides of the city and tell you their story. At the center of Hebron is a huge monument holding the tombs of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (and their wives), holy to both Jews and Muslims. The two communities have a long and turbulent history in the city, and the two guides will guide you through their versions of that story, as well as showing you the sights, sounds and smells of the city.
The three tours complement each other and each one adds another part to the complex picture that is the West Bank. You’ll come out more experienced and more knowledgeable, and have great stories to share
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.
Price List (from)
Tours Only – 920 ILS
Tours & Dorm Bed – 1050 ILS
Tours & Single Room – 1410 ILS
Tours & Double/Twin Room Per Person- 1175 ILS