Journey through the spellbinding Sinai Desert and feel its divine presence as you pilgrimage to Mount Sinai, where the prophet Moses received the 10 Commandments directly from God
- Travel through the Sinai Desert on route to visiting Mount Sinai and Saint Catherine's Monastery. Stop in the resort beach town of Nuweiba for snorking or swimming in the Red Sea.
- Understand the history of all three major monotheistic religions on Mount Sinai.
- Experience the world famous Red Sea coral reefs from the beach resort town of Nuweiba
- Stand at the foot of Mount Sinai, where the Prophet Moses received the 10 commandments from God
- 06:30 Pickup from the hotel in Eilat and transport to Taba border
- 07:30 Cross Taba border with assistance and meet guide. Drive directly to St. Catherine's Monastery at Mount Sinai.
- 09:30 Visit St. Catherine's Monastery & Garden, including the skull room.
- 13:00 Lunch at a hotel restaurant and short break for souvenir shopping
- 17:00 Drive back toward the Taba border and stop off in the beach resort town of Nuweiba, along the Red Sea for free time.
- 19:00 Arrive at the Taba border and return into Israel with assistance. Transport back to primary destination in Eilat.
- 19:30 Tour Ends
- Important Information about this tour
- The tour leaves from Eilat at 6:30am and returns around 7pm
- There is a minimum of 2 participants per booking
Be astonished by the rich historical manuscripts (including by the Prophet Muhammed) that has accumulated for almost 1500 years by the the oldest monastery in the Orthodox Church (Saint Catherine’s), positioned directly at the foot of Mount Sinai.
After pickup from Eilat, you will drive along the beautiful Sinai coast into the heart of the desert. As you approach Mount Sinai, the rocky mountain landscapes will have you dreaming about what it must have been like to live and journey through this inhospitable desert terrain for 40 years. At Mount Sinai follow in the footsteps of the Prophets Moses and Muhammad, as you explore the stunning grounds of St. Catherine’s Monastery. Visit the magnificent library, home to the 2nd largest collection of manuscripts, and learn why the oldest monastery in the Orthodox Church is one of the most important destinations for Pilgrims around the world. End the tour with swimming or snorkeling in the Red Sea resort town of Nuweiba, before returning to Eilat in the evening.
Don’t miss this opportunity to experience the place that changed the course of history. The stories from Mount Sinai extend for thousands of years, between all major monotheistic religions. You may even feel a divine presence for yourself on this very hallowed ground.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.