Petra & Wadi Rum Tour from Jerusalem (3-Day Tour)
Our three fully-packed days begin in Jerusalem, as we head toward the Jordanian border. We cross at the northern Sheikh Hussein border, and enter Jordan, driving through the Judean desert for about an hour.
We continue towards Jerash, where we have lunch at a nearby restaurant before continuing to the ancient city of Jerash, one of the best-preserved Roman provincial towns in the world. The historical city contains an ancient cardo, a hippodrome, oval forum, temples, and Hadrian’s arch. Step back in time as you walk through the ruins of this 4000-year-old city, while your guide explains this wonderful blend of Greco-Roman architecture and the Mediterranean world.
We then continue to the capital city Amman, where we will drive by sites like the Royal Palace, King Hussein National Mosque, and get a general overview of the city. Before moving on from Amman, we’ll get to taste a delicious local sweet, called Knafeh.
From here we will go to a Bedouin camp near Petra where you will enjoy Bedouin hospitality, including an Arab-style dinner and a comfortable bed for the night. Before going to sleep, sit beneath the clear desert skies and stargaze, as you drink a cup of delicious Bedouin tea.
Waking up early the next morning, we will have a quick breakfast before we get on the bus and depart for Petra. This day of the trip is focused entirely on Petra, a famous archaeological site set in a stunning red sandstone landscape. One of the new seven wonders of the world, and the highlight of this trip, Petra was once a major crossroads of the ancient Near East, and its Nabataean people flourished through commerce. You will have the whole morning to tour Petra with the guide, before taking a lunch break at a local restaurant. Then in the afternoon, you will have the opportunity to explore the various sites, such as the monastery, on your own before heading back to camp for dinner and another night in the Bedouin camp.
The third day of this tour will be spent in the exquisite desert landscape of Wadi Rum, virtually untouched by humanity. We will travel through the vast scenic desert valley on a 4×4 Jeep tour, providing you with the best possible experience of this moon-like landscape, the red sand dunes, towering cliffs of weathered stone, and desert animals. After the jeep ride we will have lunch at a local restaurant, then head back to the Allenby Bridge border crossing, and arrive in Jerusalem by late evening.
This fully-guided tour is a truly memorable experience in Jordan, including full transportation to all locations. We recommend the Abraham Tours extensively informational travel app for smartphones and tablets, for additional information about each of the sites. The app includes maps, information and pictures, and can be downloaded in advance so it doesn’t require an internet connection while you’re on the tour.
For more information on the sites we’ll be passing, download our free travel app to your smartphone.
- View the stunning contrast of desert landscapes and fertile plains
- Enjoy authentic Bedouin hospitality & taste delicious traditional Bedouin food
- Discover the incredible, history-rich cities of Jerash and Amman
- Explore one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Petra, for a whole day
- Ride in a 4x4 in Wadi Rum, the 'Valley of the Moon"
- Spend three full days seeing the best of what Jordan has to offer
- Jerash, Amman & Bedouin Campsite1
07:00 – Collection from Jerusalem (Abraham Hostel) and transfer to Jordan River Border Crossing
09:00 – Cross border
10:30 – Drive to Jerash
11:30 – Visit to Jerash
14:00 – Lunch in local restaurant
16:00 – Driving tour of Amman. Visit to Citadel if time allows
17:30 – Drive to Petra
20:00 – Arrive in Petra for dinner at Bedouin campsite
07:00 – Breakfast
08:00 – Explore Petra with Guide
13:00 – Lunch in Restaurant near Petra
14:00 – Explore Petra Free Time
17:00 – Depart Petra from Camp
19:00 – Arrive in camp for dinner and overnight stay
- Wadi Rum3
07:00 – Breakfast in Camp
09:30 – Arrive in Wadi Rum, and enjoy 4×4 jeep tour
13:00 – Lunch in Wadi Rum
14:30 – Depart for the Allenby Bridge Border
18:30 – Arrive in Allenby and cross to Jerusalem
20:00 Transport from Border
21:00 – Arrive in Jerusalem
*All times are approximate
– Please note that sites may vary depending on crowds and/or religious holidays.
– Please note that failure to send in or insert your correct passport details by 5:00PM the evening before your tour departs can incur extra costs or result in the cancellation of your booking with no possibility of a refund.
Good to Know
- Top Rated tour, with 5 star customer feedback and a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor
- Leaves from Jerusalem rather than Eilat, saving you money, long rides on public transport and a mandatory night in Eilat
- One guide that is with you from the moment you arrive in Jordan until you leave taking care of your entire trip.
- Muslim Holidays: During Islamic Holy Days (especially Ramadan), some sites may be closed or visiting times shortened
INCLUDED IN YOUR STAY
- Full transportation to all sites
- Full guiding
- Entrance fees
- 4×4 Jeep tour in Wadi Rum
- Accommodation in Bedouin campsite
- Custom-made travel app for smartphones & tablets
- Meals (lunch and dinner on first day, breakfast, lunch and dinner on second day, and breakfast and lunch on third day
*Religious meal requirements (such as Kosher or Halal) are unable to be accommodated unfortunately on this tour
Note: If you are traveling alone, you may need to share a room with someone of the same gender, depending on the size of the group.
- Border taxes – PAYABLE ONLY IN CASH: Israeli exit fee of 107 ILS, payable with ILS, USD or EUR.
- Jordanian exit fee of 10 Jordanian Dinar, payable only cash JOD (there is an option to exchange while crossing into Jordan, on the Jordanian side); an option to exchange while crossing into Jordan, on the Jordanian side).
- Travel insurance
- Room Upgrade (Hotel option available during the booking process)
Do we need to arrange for a visa in advance?
- Jordan permits most Western countries to receive a travel visa at the border crossing. However, residents of some countries need to apply for a visa in advance. Check with your local embassy, or online.
- For re-entry into Israel, please ensure you are eligible for a Visa on Arrival or have already arranged a multiple entry visa for Israel in advance.
- Please note, this tour is not available to sole Israeli passport holders, due to restrictions.
- If you have Israeli Citizenship in addition to a foreign passport, please contact us prior to the tour for special instructions regarding the border crossings.
What currency do I need for the border fees?
The border fees on the Israeli side can be paid in ILS, Euro, USD & credit card, the Jordanian side only accept Jordanian Dinar Cash (you can get this currency at the border)
What should I pack & what am I forbidden to bring?
Things to bring
- Valid passport
- Money for border crossing and exit fee.
- Warm clothes for night
Religious Objects and Clothing
- Please be aware that certain religious clothing and objects can create issues for travelers at the Border crossing. If you wish to bring such items, please consult with our sales desk prior to the tour.
Forbidden items in Jordan
- Any size drones
- Telephoto cameras with super zoom lenses (higher than 1000mm)
Where is the pickup point?
At the lobby of the Jerusalem Abraham Hostel near Davidka Square.
Can we change our return city?
After crossing back into Israel, we have different vehicles waiting for you to take you to either Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. The size & number of vehicles are determined by the number of participants who departed from each city. Therefore getting off in the other city cannot be guaranteed.