Experience the rich history, culture and natural beauty of Jordan on this three day Petra and Wadi Rum tour from Jerusalem. The tour is fully guided, with transportation to and from Jerusalem, all meals included, and two nights in a Bedouin Campsite. Jerash, Amman, Petra and the stunning desert landscape of Wadi Rum await
- View the stunning contrast of desert landscapes and fertile plains
- Enjoy authentic Bedouin hospitality
- Taste delicious traditional Bedouin food
- Explore one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Petra
- Ride in a 4x4 in Wadi Rum, the 'Valley of the Moon"
- Spend three full days seeing the best of what Jordan has to offer
- Day 1
- - 06:00 – Collection from Jerusalem (Abraham Hostel) and transfer to Sheikh Hussein Crossing.
- - 08:45 - Pick up from Beit She'an (Ha-Atsma'ut Square) - (Upon Request Only)
- - 09:00 – Cross border.
- - 10:30 – Drive to Jerash
- - 11:30 – Visit to Jerash.
- - 14:00 – Lunch in local restaurant.
- - 16:00 – Driving tour of Amman. Visit to Citadel if time allows.
- - 17:30 – Drive to Petra
- - 20:00 – Arrive in Petra for dinner at Bedouin campsite
- Day 2
- - 07:00 – Breakfast
- - 08:00 – Explore Petra with Guide
- - 13:00 – Lunch in Restaurant near Petra
- - 14:00 – Explore Petra - Free Time
- - 17:00 – Depart Petra from Camp
- - 19:00 – Arrive in camp for dinner and overnight stay
- Day 3
- - 07:00 – Breakfast in Camp
- - 09:30 – Arrive in Wadi Rum, and enjoy 4x4 jeep tour
- - 13:00 – Lunch in Wadi Rum
- - 13:30 – Depart for the Allenby Bridge Border
- - 18:30 – Arrive in Allenby and cross to Jerusalem
- - 20:00 - Transport from Border
- - 21:00 – Arrive in Jerusalem
- *All times are approximate
Better than just Petra!
- No Pre-Arranged Visa Required!*
- Leaves from Jerusalem rather than Eilat, saving you money, long rides on public transport and a mandatory night in Eilat.
- Includes an experienced guide who will accompany you, along with your driver, during your entire trip in Jordan.
- Includes the incredible cities of Jerash and Amman, rather than only seeing Petra.
- Authentic meals and two overnight stays with local Bedouins, giving you more time to experience the local culture.
- A full day in Petra, rather than being rushed through in three hours.
- Lower visa costs than one or two days tours, as there is no need for most travelers to pay for the Jordanian Visa!
We depart Jerusalem early on the first day, as we begin three days packed full of amazing sites and experiences. Arriving at the northern Sheikh Hussein border, we cross over and drive through the fertile hills of northern Jordan, in sight of the ancient Ajloun castle known for being one of the few fortresses able to fend off various Crusader attacks.
Our first stop is the ancient city of Jerash, the most well preserved ruins of a Roman city outside of Italy, which still retains its ancient cardo, hippodrome, oval forum, temples to Zeus and Artemis, and Hadrian’s arch. Step back in time as you walk through the streets of this city with the guide explaining the combination of Eastern and Western architectural influences, as well as the 4000 years of history of this city.
We will stop for a delicious lunch in a local restaurant before continuing on to the Citadel in Amman, the modern Jordanian capital. With the whole city of Amman within sight of this ancient citadel, you can easily realise its strategic and cultural importance, and understand why it is one of the oldest continuously inhabited places on earth. The citadel holds both archaeological ruins as well as the Jordan Archaeological Museum within its vicinity, and large parts of the citadel still remain unexcavated.
Our final stop for the day will be our accommodation near Petra in a Bedouin camp where you will enjoy authentic Bedouin hospitality including dinner and a warm comfortable bed for the night. Before we finish the day through, sit under the clear desert skies and enjoy stargazing and listening to local music without city noise or lights to interfere.
Waking early the next morning, we will enjoy a quick breakfast before we hop onto the bus and depart for nearby Petra. This second day of the trip is focused entirely on Petra, the stunning Nabataean city, lost in time for almost two thousand years before being re-discovered in the 19th century. One of the new seven wonders of the world, and the highlight of this trip, Petra is a city carved into the rose coloured sandstone cliff faces of the surrounding desert valleys. You will have the full morning to tour Petra with the guide, before enjoying lunch in a local restaurant and then having the opportunity in the afternoon to explore Petra, and sites such as the monastery, on your own before heading back to camp for dinner and another night in the Bedouin camp.
The third day of this trip will be spent exploring the magnificent desert landscape of Wadi Rum, made famous by the exploits of Lawrence of Arabia as well as through its natural beauty. We will travel through the large desert valleys on a 4×4 Jeep tour providing you with the best possible viewpoint of this moon-like landscape, full with red sand, giant sandstone cliffs, and desert animals. Following the jeep ride we will have lunch in a local restaurant, before departing for the Allenby bridge border crossing, and arriving back in Jerusalem by the late evening.
This is a fully-guided tour in Jordan, with full transportation to all sites and an extensive informational travel app for smartphones and tablets to give you additional information about each of the sites we stop at. The app, with maps, information and pictures, can be downloaded before you set out, and doesn’t require an internet connection. You can download the Abraham Tours app for free on our site. You can also explore the sites, without the guide, on your own if you prefer to do so.
Note: If you are traveling alone, you may need to share a room with someone of the same gender, depending on the size of the group. If you would prefer to reserve a room by yourself, there is a single supplement of 80 ILS. Just let us know when booking. There is also an option of staying in a nearby hotel for those who wish, also mention this on the booking form. The hotel is a 4 star Hotel.
*Some nationalities do require a pre-arranged visa
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.
Is your requested date unavailable? Check out our tour departing from Tel Aviv!