Experience the rich history, culture and natural beauty of Jordan on this three day Petra and Wadi Rum tour from Jerusalem. The tour is fully guided, with transportation to and from Jerusalem, all meals included, and two nights in a Bedouin Campsite. Jerash, Amman, Petra and the stunning desert landscape of Wadi Rum await
- View the stunning contrast of desert landscapes and fertile plains
- Enjoy authentic Bedouin hospitality
- Taste delicious traditional Bedouin food
- Explore one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Petra
- Ride in a 4x4 in Wadi Rum, the 'Valley of the Moon"
- Spend three full days seeing the best of what Jordan has to offer
- Day 1
- - 07:00 – Collection from Jerusalem (Abraham Hostel) and transfer to Jordan River Border Crossing
- - 09:00 – Cross border
- - 11:30 – Lunch
- - 12:30 – Visit Jerash
- - 16:00 – Driving tour of Amman.
- - 17:30 – Drive to Petra
- - 20:00 – Arrive in Petra for dinner at Bedouin campsite
- Day 2
- - 07:00 – Breakfast
- - 08:00 – Explore Petra with Guide
- - 13:00 – Lunch in Restaurant near Petra
- - 14:00 – Explore Petra - Free Time
- - 17:00 – Depart Petra from Camp
- - 19:00 – Arrive in camp for dinner and overnight stay
- Day 3
- - 07:00 – Breakfast in Camp
- - 09:30 – Arrive in Wadi Rum, and enjoy 4x4 jeep tour
- - 13:00 – Lunch in Wadi Rum
- - 14:30 – Depart for the Allenby Bridge Border**
- - 18:30 – Arrive in Allenby and cross to Jerusalem
- - 20:00 - Transport from Border
- - 21:00 – Arrive in Jerusalem
- * For operational reasons, drop-off is only possible in the same city you started from.
- *All times are approximate and are for indicative purposes only.
- Actual times vary considerably depending on many factors such as pace of group, border crossing times, traffic, interest of group, weather conditions, Muslim & Christian holidays, time of year, etc.
- Guides have discretion to modify the schedule to adapt to all these factors.
- * Tours departing on Thursdays return via Wadi Araba Border Crossing near Eilat
Better than one-day Petra tours!
- No Pre-Arranged Visa Required!*
- Leaves from Jerusalem rather than Eilat, saving you money, long rides on public transport and a mandatory night in Eilat.
- Includes an experienced guide who will accompany you, along with your driver, during your entire trip in Jordan.
- Includes the incredible cities of Jerash and Amman, rather than only seeing Petra.
- Authentic meals and overnight stay with local Bedouins.
- A full day (5.5 hours) in Petra, rather than being rushed through in three hours.
Our three fully-packed days begin in Jerusalem, as we head toward the Jordanian border. We cross at the northern Sheikh Hussein border, and enter Jordan, driving through the Judean desert for about an hour.
We continue towards Jerash, where we have lunch at a nearby restaurant before continuing to the ancient city of Jerash, one of the best-preserved Roman provincial towns in the world. The historical city contains an ancient cardo, a hippodrome, oval forum, temples, and Hadrian’s arch. Step back in time as you walk through the ruins of this 4000-year-old city, while your guide explains this wonderful blend of Greco-Roman architecture and the Mediterranean world.
We then continue to the capital city Amman, where we will drive by sites like the Royal Palace, King Hussein National Mosque, and get a general overview of the city. Before moving on from Amman, we’ll get to taste a delicious local sweet, called Knafeh.
From here we will go to a Bedouin camp near Petra where you will enjoy Bedouin hospitality, including an Arab-style dinner and a comfortable bed for the night. Before going to sleep, sit beneath the clear desert skies and stargaze, as you drink a cup of delicious Bedouin tea.
Waking up early the next morning, we will have a quick breakfast before we get on the bus and depart for Petra. This day of the trip is focused entirely on Petra, a famous archaeological site set in a stunning red sandstone landscape. One of the new seven wonders of the world, and the highlight of this trip, Petra was once a major crossroads of the ancient Near East, and its Nabataean people flourished through commerce. You will have the whole morning to tour Petra with the guide, before taking a lunch break at a nearby restaurant. Then in the afternoon, you will have the opportunity to explore the various sites, such as the monastery, on your own before heading back to camp for dinner and another night at the Bedouin camp.
The third day of this tour will be spent in the exquisite desert landscape of Wadi Rum, virtually untouched by humanity. We will travel through the vast scenic desert valley on a 4×4 Jeep tour, providing you with the best possible experience of this moon-like landscape, the red sand dunes, towering cliffs of weathered stone, and desert animals. After the jeep ride we will have lunch at a local restaurant, then head back to the Allenby bridge border crossing, and arrive in Jerusalem by late evening.
This fully-guided tour is a truly memorable experience in Jordan, including full transportation to all locations. We recommend the Abraham Tours extensively informational travel app for smartphones and tablets, for additional information about each of the sites. The app includes maps, information and pictures, and can be downloaded in advance so it doesn’t require an internet connection while you’re on the tour. Download it for free on our site.
Note: If you are traveling alone, you may need to share a room with someone of the same gender, depending on the size of the group.
*Some nationalities do require a pre-arranged visa
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.
Can’t find a date that suites you? Check out our tour departing from Tel Aviv!