This 5-day Northern Israel and Jordan Loop package is a unique combination of the scenic Galilee region with an exciting two-day excursion to Jordan. It features some of northern Israel’s most striking natural views, significant religious sites, and fascinating historical places
- Tour one of Israel’s last remaining truly communal Kibbutzim
- Spend a day in a beautiful Arab-Israeli fisherman village
- Explore the amazing Roman ruins at Caesarea National Park
- Visit the hometown of Jesus, Nazareth, and stay at the unique Fauzi Azar Inn
- Scan the horizon from Mount Bental as you overlook the Syrian side of the ceasefire line
- See Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World
- Visit the Sea of Galilee and enjoy the beautiful landscapes around it
- Experience authentic Bedouin hospitality
- Day 1 - Jisr Az-Zarqa & Kibbutz Tour
- Day Activity - Transfer to Jisr Az-Zarqa from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv
- - Tour of Kibbutz Maagan Michael
- - Lunch in the Kibbutz
- Evening - Dinner in Jisr-Az Zarqa (Local home)
- (Overnight Juha Guesthouse, Jisr Az-Zarqa)
- Day 2 - Caesarea & Nazareth
- Day Activity - Tour of Caesarea Ruins
- - Transfer to Nazareth and check-in to guesthouse
- - Explore Nazareth independantly
- (Overnight Fauzi Azar Inn, Nazareth)
- Day 3 - Sea of Galilee and the Golan Heights
- Day Tour - Sea of Galilee and the Golan Heights Tour
- (Overnight Fauzi Azar Inn, Nazareth)
- Day 4 - Jerash & Amman
- Day Tour - Petra 2 Day Tour (Day 1)
- (Overnight Bedouin Campsite Petra)
- Day 5 - Petra
- Day Tour - Petra 2 Day Tour (Day 2)
- - Return to Jerusalem and Package concludes
- NB: Itinerary is subject to amendment
This 5-day Northern Israel and Jordan Loop package is a unique combination of the scenic Galilee region with an exciting two-day excursion to Jordan. It features some of northern Israel’s most striking natural views, significant religious sites, and fascinating historical places. Conveniently, for your departure location you can choose between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.
The first night is spent at Abraham Hostel, where you can enjoy hostel activities and the surrounding area. In the morning you will visit Kibbutz Maagan Michael, where you will learn about the unique lifestyle of the collective community from a member of the Kibbutz, and you’ll enjoy a delicious meal at the communal dining hall. We will then continue to Jisr az-Zarqa, an Arab-Israeli fishermen village situated on a beautiful stretch of beach on the Mediterranean Sea. You will check-in at Juha Guesthouse, located in the heart of the village. Led by a local, you will be introduced to the village culture, meet friendly locals, and hike part of the famous Israel Trail. You will then have some free time to explore and enjoy the atmosphere of the authentic village life. You will end the day with a relaxing bonfire and a delicious dinner at the beach.
The next day we will make the short drive to Caesarea National Park. Here you will tour the ancient Roman city, which boasts impressive architectural remains that have stood for thousands of years, from the time of King Herod. Wandering through the park, you will see the ruins of castles, several temples, the aqueduct, the ancient port, and the city walls and towers.
We will then continue to Nazareth, the city where, according to tradition, the angel Gabriel told Mary that she would conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, and where Jesus grew up. You will spend the next two nights at the famous Fauzi Azar Inn, a charming, renovated Arab mansion and the first guesthouse in Nazareth, situated on the path of the Jesus Trail.
In the morning we will head out to the Sea of Galilee, the largest fresh-water lake in the Middle East. We will visit Capernaum, where you can marvel at the religious and historical significance of a site revered by millions of Christians throughout the world. The next stop is the Mount of Beatitudes, where Jesus famously preached his Sermon on the Mount and today a beautiful Catholic Franciscan chapel stands and visitors enjoy a stunning view. After a short hike in the Banias Nature Reserve, we will visit the Odem winery, and you will sample a variety of locally produced wines. We will continue to Mount Bental, a dormant volcano which provides more lovely views of the Galilee, Golan, Syria, and Mount Hermon. Our final stop for the day will be back at the Sea of Galilee, where we’ll relax at a beach allowing you to bathe in the refreshing water before returning to Nazareth.
The next part of the tour is two exciting days exploring the treasures of Jordan. We will cross the border at the Sheikh Hussein Bridge, and continue to visit the 900-year old castle of Ajloun. We will arrive at the ancient city of Jerash, an incredibly preserved Roman city with colonnaded streets, mosaics, baths, theaters, temples, and a hippodrome.
Our next stop is the capital city of Amman. We will tour both the modern downtown of the city and the old Citadel, which includes the Temple of Hercules and historic palaces. We’ll have lunch at a local restaurant and try kanafeh for dessert. We then head south to the desert and will stay in a Bedouin camp for the night. The Bedouins, nomadic inhabitants of the desert, will share their delicious meals and comfortable tents with us.
The last day is devoted to Petra. One of the seven wonders of the world, and poetically described as “a rose-red city half the age of time”, Petra is an incredible experience for any traveler. Carved into the red rocks of the desert cliffs thousands of years ago by the ancient Nabatean people, Petra was hidden under the sand for centuries before recently becoming accessible again. We will tour through the treasury, amphitheater, royal tombs, and monastery before heading back via the Allenby crossing.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.
Tours & Dorm Bed – 2330 ILS
Tours & Single Room – 2950 ILS
Tours & Double/Twin Room Per Person- 2555 ILS