Hike to the top of Mount Sinai for a stunning sunrise view, and stand where Moses received the 10 Commandments as the sun breaks over the Sinai Desert
- Make the historic trek to the top of Mt. Sinai at dawn
- View the stunning desert vista from the top of Mt Sinai at sunrise
- Visit Santa Catarina, one of the oldest Christian monasteries in the world
- Tour a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Day 1:
- 23:00 - Pick up from your hotel in Eilat, transport to Taba border crossing, and drive directly to Santa Catarina
- Day 2:
- 02:00 - Arrival to the bottom of Mount Sinai and start climbing
- 04:30 - Reach the top of Mount Sinai
- 06:00 - Begin the hike down
- 08:00 - Breakfast at the village of Santa Catarina
- 09:30 - Visit Santa Catarina Monastery
- 11:30 - Drive back to Eilat
- 14:30 - Arrival back in Eilat
- *all times are approximate.
After leaving Eilat in the middle of the night, we will cross the border into Egypt and drive to the bottom of Mount Sinai. Following in the footsteps of Moses, we will prepare to hike the biblical site where Moses received the 10 commandments.
Mount Sinai, called Mt. Horeb in the bible and Jebel Musa among the locals, is one of the highest mountain vistas in Egypt. For hundreds of years pilgrims have undertaken the trek to the top of Mount Sinai at sunrise, and this tour will allow you to join them as you witness the spectacular view as the sun peeks out over the desert vista.
After we hike back down the mountain, we will breakfast in the village of Santa Catarina, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the location of the Santa Catarina library, the largest religious library outside of the Vatican and home to the oldest continually running monastery in the world. We will visit the Santa Catarina Monastery, built at the foot of Mount Sinai and at the location where God spoke to Moses in a burning bush, and have the chance to visit the Santa Catarina library, before heading back to Eilat where you will return to your hotel by mid-afternoon.
Please note that our tours to Egypt are run by an external operator.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.