Jerusalem is best seen on two wheels, and this great new tour takes you along the ancient thoroughfares and to the best lookouts over this beautiful city, just as the sun is rising and Jerusalem awakens
- Visit the beautiful Jerusalem Old city, as you circumvent all of Jerusalem's 8 gates
- Peddle along beautiful boulevards and pathways, with stunning vistas in all directions
- See Jerusalem from the seat of a bicycle and visit areas not accessible by tour bus
- Watch Jerusalem wake, as the sun rises in the horizon
- *1 hour before Sunrise (approx) - Depart from Abraham Hostel
- 3 hours later (approx) - Arrive back at Abraham Hostel
- *Check tour confirmation and pickup location for correct seasonal time
- - All times are approximate.
- - Minimum age of 12 years
- - Beginner bike riding ability required
Our Jerusalem Sunrise Biking Tour provides a unique way to experience the beauty of Jerusalem, as your guide takes you to see the best vistas of the ancient city, as it begins to awaken, and the sun rises in the horizon.
Approximately an hour before sunrise, we’ll take our bikes and head out towards the Old City walls, and along the pathway to Mount Zion. From here you can see the Sultan’s pools and the beautiful valleys which lie beneath the mount, with the ridges of the Judean hills in the distance, and the sun beginning to rise from the desert valley to the east.
With the Dome of the Rock and Temple Mount in plain view, we will ride around the city’s walls past each of the gates of the Old City including the Zion, Dung, Golden, Herod’s, Damascus, New, and Jaffa gates. As we pass the eastern wall of the Old City, you will be rewarded with a clear view of the Mount of Olives and Kidron valley to your right, and a picturesque perspective of the Al Aqsa Mosque to your left. We’ll continue exploring the city, as the sun brightens and the city comes to life, before heading back to the Abraham Hostel for a well-deserved coffee or tea.
This tour will take you through the usually bustling city of Jerusalem, just as it is awakening from its slumber, providing for a quiet and serine experience as our guide takes you through the alleys and streets that tour buses always miss. As church bells ring, and calls to prayer cry out in the distance as the sun rises slowly, it is an experience you’ll remember.
With only beginner biking ability required, and all equipment provided, it will suit families and independent travellers alike.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.