- Visit the Gihon Spring – the lifeline of this ancient city
- Overlook the Kidron Valley, the ancient cemetery which houses the tomb of the Pharaoh’s Daughter and Royal Steward
- Walk through Warren’s Shaft, believed to be the key to King David’s capture of Jerusalem
- Experience Jerusalem’s first palace believed to be where King David himself resided
- Learn about Hezekiah’s Tunnel, carved out beneath the City of David
- 13:50 - Tour begins from the Jaffa Gate
- 17:00 - Tour ends at the City of David
- NB: All times are approximate
- Please note that on this tour we enter narrow tunnels
Join us for a three-hour adventure through the City of David, the heart of ancient Jerusalem, and discover the place where the story of this extraordinary city really began. Journey back in time over 4,000 years, by entering the secret underground tunnel system, the lifeline of ancient Jerusalem.
Uncover hidden archaeological secrets, including the Kidron Valley Necropolis and Jerusalem’s first palace, considered to be the site where King David himself resided. From the hidden Gihon Spring, which provided the city’s crucial water supply, to exploring the ancient Canaanite water system, an astounding feat of ancient engineering where water has flowed since the time of the prophets, to Warren’s Shaft believed to be the key to King David’s capture of the city.
By venturing through historic waterways, whilst voyaging through illuminated darkness where there is a sense of feeling immersed within something infinite, you’ll experience a captivating journey through the City of David.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.