Our Bethlehem tour is an experience you won't forget as we explore the sacred town of Bethlehem in the heart of the West Bank
- Visit the city where Jesus was born, Bethlehem
- Enter one of the oldest churches in the world, the Church of Nativity
- Discover the Milk Grotto and learn of it's history and origins
- Stroll through the Shepherd's fields
- Walk through the old city of Bethlehem
- 08:15 - Suggested Departure Time from Jerusalem
- 09:00 - Arrive Church of Nativity, then tour Bethlehem
- 11:45 - Depart Bethlehem
- 12:30 - Arrive back in Jerusalem
- * This is a suggested itinerary. If you wish to customize it, please write in the remarks.
- On Sunday, the itinerary is altered due to the sites being closed for certain hours.
- NB: All times are approximate
- - Israeli passport holders are unfortunately restricted from joining this tour
A special way to experience the city of the birth of Jesus, as you venture into the West Bank, our Bethlehem tour provides a great opportunity to explore this city on a guided tour. Your first stop is one of the oldest churches in the world, where it all began; The Church of the Nativity, the birthplace of Jesus. A huge church with a long history of religious significance, you will be able to see the various chapels of the Catholic, Armenian and Greek Orthodox Christians.
Next you will visit the Franciscan Grotto of the Lady Mary and learn how the ‘Milk Grotto’ got its name. A large underground cave with a Franciscan chapel built directly on top, this is the site where it is believed that Mary and Joseph took Jesus for refuge from King Herod, before fleeing across the holy land to Egypt.
Our final visit for the day in this ancient city, is to the Shepherd’s fields on the outskirts of the city. Believed to be the location where the Shepherds sited the Star of Nativity before venturing to visit Jesus, these fields hold a number of stunning shrines and a beautiful chapel, drawing pilgrims from around the world.
This tour will provide you with the best opportunity to spend a day focused on the sacred city of Bethlehem, with all the logistics looked after, leaving you to absorb the amazing spiritual sites, whilst hearing the historical and biblical background to each site.