This 'Best of the West Bank' tour provides a unique opportunity to explore an intriguing region which can be difficult for some travelers to visit alone
- Visit the city where Jesus was born, Bethlehem
- See the ancient city of Jericho
- Tour the vibrant, modern, city of Ramallah
- Enjoy panoramic views across the hills of the Judean Desert, and the green hills further north
- Experience an authentic Arabic style lunch
- Taste delicious 'Knaffe' dessert
- 06:30 - Depart Tel Aviv - Abraham Hostel
- - Qasr el-Yahud baptism site
- - Tour of Jericho
- - Tour of Ramallah
- - Lunch (approximately)
- - Tour of Bethlehem
- - Return to Tel Aviv
- NB: All times are approximate and highly dependent on traffic conditions
- * For operational reasons, drop-off is only possible in the same city you started from.
- * Please note that sites may vary depending on crowds and/or religious holidays.
- * Passports are required, and it is unlawful for Israeli Passport holders to join
This tour provides a unique opportunity to explore an intriguing region which is difficult for most travelers to visit alone. On our guided day tour of the West Bank we will take you to three of the highlights of the region – Bethlehem, Jericho and Ramallah. With thorough information provided by the local Palestinian guide, you will get a fascinating insight into the history and daily life of people in this area. From major historical and religious sites to modern-day culture and natural beauty of the Judean Desert, this is an experience you will not soon forget.
From Tel Aviv, we will head out to Qasr-el-Yahud, the famous site of Jesus’s baptism on the banks of the Jordan River. We will then head to Jericho and view the oldest city in the world, and look upon the site where Jesus was tempted by the Devil at the Mount of Temptation.
Next, we will tour Ramallah, the modern, cultural capital of the West Bank. We will walk through the busy streets, getting a feel for life in this busy, modern city, and visit Arafat’s Tomb, before moving on to our last stop of the day, Bethlehem.
In the city of Jesus’ birth, we will visit sites old and new, and discover the puzzling paradox that is life in Bethlehem. We will see the Church of Nativity, stroll through the Old City, and walk and talk alongside the separation barrier, which includes colourful contributions made by the famous graffiti artist, Banksy, before returning to Tel Aviv.
This is a chance to learn about various facets of a very interesting region, getting a taste of Israeli politics and history, while also exploring a number of special historical and sacred places.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.
Can’t find a date that suites you? Check out our tour departing from Jerusalem!