This retreat will take place in an orchard in Saint Catherine (Santa Catarina) next to the Sinai Mountains, the place where Moses received the ten commandments. This retreat is suitable for all people interested in having a very peaceful and unique experience in the Sinai desert. You will spend three days living on the orchard run by Dr. Ahmed Saleh, a highly regarded herbal medicine man famous throughout Egypt, attending classes with the themes of relaxation and meditative movement (no experience needed). Adventure through the desert and learn about the famous healing plants in Sinai with the option to get treatments during your stay.
1,300 meters up in the mountains resides your retreat space – unique desert style rooms made of stone. A personal chef will provide delicious vegan food.
· Amazing yoga, movement, and meditation session
· No previous experience needed
· Be in a group that also hosts locals
· Water therapy session in the majestic Red Sea
· Opportunities for diving in the famous red sea coral reef
Day 1 (25.09)
5:00 PM: Meet the guide at the Eilat central bus station.
5:30: Cross the Taba border into Egypt together with your guide, and drive to Saint Catherine Mountain.
9:00 PM: Settle into the retreat space and rooms, and participate in the opening circle – creating your sacred altar.
Day 2 (26.09)
7:00 AM: Morning session – grounding yoga session.
9:00 AM: Amazing breakfast, meditation and chill out time in the orchard.
4:30 PM: Afternoon class.
7:00 PM: Amazing dinner by our Chef Evgani
9:00 PM: Night activity mediation – free the self
Day 3 (27.09)
7:00 AM: Morning session Viniasa yoga.
9:00 AM: Delicious breakfast.
2:00 PM: Free time to explore the desert and to rest.
5:00 PM: Guided desert walk with Dr. Ahmed Saleh, the famous herbalist of Sinai – Learn about the famous healing plants of Sinai and the shamanic way.
7:00 PM: Delicious vegan Indian meal
9:00 PM: Evening session
Day 4 (28.09)
7:00 AM: Morning class – Kondelini yoga session.
9:00 AM: Delicious breakfast
10:00 AM: Time in the orchard and herbal counselling by Ahmed
12:30 PM: Afternoon class
2:00 PM: Packing
3:00 PM: Closing circle
4:00 PM: Delicious lunch in the Bedouin village
4:30 PM: Head back to Taba border (keep in mind that Israel time is one hour ahead)
7:00 PM: Arrive at Eilat central bus station and hop on your bus to your destination
Transportation from Eilat bus station to the Egyptian border Transportation from border crossing to the beach camp and back Two meals each day Two nights stay in a shared room (2-3 people) Yoga, meditation, and holistic healing practices lead by a certified therapeutic yogic professional for three days
* Border fees: 106 ILS Israel exit fee, 400 EGP Egypt entry fee
* Travel/Health insurance
* Meals that aren’t mentioned as included
* Extra food or drinks
* Transportation to and from Eilat
What to bring?
– Comfortable clothes for stretching and movement sessions
– Warm clothes for the night
– Mosquito cream (if you have a net, you’re welcome to bring it)
– Book/notebook/musical instrument
– Yoga mat or something to practice on (let us know if you do not have one, no worries!)
– Cash for border fees and other expenses in Sinai
* The price of the Special Edition Yoga Retreat is 1,300 ILS
* The starting location is from the central bus station in Eilat, which is easily accessible by a public bus from Tel Aviv, Jerusalem (and other places in Israel).
The buses leaving from Tel Aviv at 23:50 (#390) or from Jerusalem at 23:58 (# 444), will bring you on time to the meeting point in Eilat.
Bus tickets should be pre-booked. It’s possible over the phone through Israel’s public bus company “Egged” 03-9142000, or via their website egged.co.il (in Hebrew only).
Need help? Visit us at the Abraham Tours Traveler’s Center in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem
*Visa to Egypt is NOT required when only visiting Sinai. If you want to continue afterwards to mainland Egypt, you will need to arrange your visa in advance.
This retreat lead by a certified therapeutic professional. Class styles will vary, but have the foundation of yoga, meditation, and movement – no experience needed.
Participants will have a lot of free time for themselves as well.
Minimum-Maximum Participants: 6-10.