Leaving from Nazareth, this is the best opportunity to explore the north of Israel. Our Sea of Galilee & Golan Heights tour is sure to leave a lasting impression, as you visit sites of political, religious, historic and natural significance.
- -View the stunning Sea of Galilee from the heights of Tiberias
- -See the biblical sight of Jesus' Sermon on the Mount of Beatitudes
- -Visit the ancient fishing village of Capernaum, the town of Jesus
- -Walk around the Banias Nature Reserve (Hermon Stream)
- -Taste superb wines from one of Israel's finest boutique wineries
- -Scan the horizon from Mount Bental as you overlook the Syrian side of the ceasefire line.
- -Take a refreshing swim in the cool waters of the Sea of Galilee from a full facility beach
- Until 28th February 2015
- 07:30 - Depart from Nazareth - Mary's Well (HaMaayan Square)
- 08:20 - Pick up from Tiberias (Tiberias Hostel & Aviv Hostel)
- 09:15 - Arrive Capernaum
- 10:00 - Visit the Mount of Beatitudes
- 11:20 - Hike around Banias Reserve
- 13:00 - Mas'ade (lunch - not included)
- 14:00 - Wine-tasting at Odem winery
- 15:00 - Lookout from the summit of Mount Bental
- 16:20 - Visit a beach at the Sea of Galilee (seasonal)
- 17:30 - Arrive back in Tiberias (if requested)
- 19:15 - Arrive back in Nazareth
- From March 1st 2015
- 07:00 - Depart from Nazareth - Mary's Well (HaMaayan Square)
- 08:00 - Arrive Capernaum
- 08:45 - Visit the Mount of Beatitudes
- 10:20 - Hike around Banias Reserve
- 11:20 - Wine-tasting at Odem winery (Dropoff for those on Day 2 of Golan Heights 4-days Package)
- 12:00 - Depart Odem (Pick up for those on Day 4 of Golan Heights 4-days Package)
- 12:15 - Lookout & lunch-time at the summit of Mount Bental
- 14:00 - Visit a beach at the Sea of Galilee
- 16:00 - Arrive back in Nazareth
- NB: All times are approximate
Tour Itinerary (Subject to Change)
This tour departs in the morning from Nazareth. Our Sea of Galilee & Golan Heights tour will help you explore the history and natural beauty that make these regions so unique.
Our first stop brings us to the Sea of Galilee, actually Lake Kinneret, the largest fresh-water lake in the Middle East and the lowest situated lake in the world – 200m below sea level, as we visit the adopted Town of Jesus, Capernaum, where you can marvel at the religious and historical significance of a site revered by millions of Christians throughout the world. Visit the home of Peter, as well as an ancient synagogue situated where Jesus taught.
Then it’s on to the Mount of Beatitudes where Jesus famously preached his Sermon on the Mount, and where you can enter the beautiful Roman Catholic Franciscan Chapel, with stunning views of the Sea of Galilee and the valley below.
A scenic drive through the Galilee region will take us to the famous Banias Nature Reserve, a place of captivating nature and fascinating history, Also known as Caesarea Philippi. it is near here where Peter first told Jesus that he was the Christ – the Messiah. Beautiful streams originating in Mount Hermon make this place a must see, and a perfect opportunity for a short hike.
Our next destination is the Odem winery, where you can develop your wine palate as you sample a variety of locally produced wines at a boutique winery.
Then it’s on to the frontier as we travel to the summit of Mount Bental, with time to stop and grab a bite to eat. From here you can overlook the Syrian territory sprawling off to the horizon, with Damascus just 60km away. Here you will likely hear and see the neighboring civil war up close (but not too close!). Not only does Bental provide some of the most amazing views of the Galilee, Golan, Syria, and Mount Hermon, but it is also a dormant volcano with a crater-like feature which can be seen from the summit as well as a battle site in the 1973 Yom Kippur War replete with bunkers and trenches to explore.
Our final stop (seasonal) brings us back to the Sea of Galilee where we’ll relax at a beach allowing you to enter the cool and refreshing waters, escaping the heat of the day, before returning to Tiberias.